Forum AmigaOne Zone

Forum użytkowników Amigi i nie tylko
Teraz jest sobota, 20 kwi 2024, 02:53

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1

Autor Wiadomość
PostNapisane: niedziela, 10 lip 2016, 07:17 
Generał
Generał

Sprostowanie autora dotyczące nieprawdziwych informacji 1)* 2)* odnośnie zaprzestania prac nad OpenGLES 2:

1)* http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/vie ... 2&forum=14
2)* http://amiga-news.de/de/news/AN-2016-07-00008-DE.html

--- Copy & Paste ---

http://www.goldencode.de/amiga/clarify_en.htm

Clarification

Unforunately this evening I became aware that Christoph Gutjahr wrote an apparently consciously distorted article based on my recent BoingsWorld interview's story on OpenGLES2 and Nova. Originally posted on amiga-news that thing spread to various forums and facebook already, of course.
The headline alone is a factual distortion already ('Daniel Müßener abandons the port of OpenGL ES 2' / 'Daniel Müßener legt Arbeit an OpenGL ES 2 nieder').

This is a hoax!

It suggests that the project had been canceled. This is not true. The project has been orderly finished some weeks ago. The wrapper is being used by various developers. It is unexplainable what led Gutjahr to the idea that this wasn't the case. The facts are well presented in the interview.

The following has to be said about the article's text:
Out of the 29 minutes of the interview about 5 minutes containing (partially massive) AEON / Nova criticism were carefully chosen. Those were blown up further by almost not mentioning neutral or positive aspects and by very deliberately picking some nice catch words. All this was put into a context that ultimately leads to the wrong, although apparently coherent in terms of this article, final passage which fits the headline by claiming that work had been stopped / which here reads: it was abandoned / failed.

Correct is that I had huge trouble with Nova bugs and limitations that could have been comunicated before project start to a large degree. By (not just) my definition Nova was alpha at this time. I really vent my respective anger in the interview, no doubt on that. At the end of the OGLES2 project its status was that, especially because of still missing SPIR compiler features, it still won't be usable for real-world ports.

Of course huge parts of the interview are about negative things. After all it's mostly about the trouble I had developing OGLES2. So I spent lots of minutes explaining various issues. But the point is that only some at best netto 5 minutes of the interview are actually hard criticism. But those are exactly the catch-phrases that were selected while missing out everything else. The totally misleading headlines and end-paragraphs which indicate(d) a project failure are the final touch of this biased distortion.

Apparently Gutjahr totally failed to hear that I also say that Nova is a good thing, a huge step into the right direction, something with lots of potential. And that I believe that many issues will be resolved pretty soon. And that Entwickler-X are apparently pretty happy with that stuff already, those statements all went by the board. As well as my statement that the initial development of a game on Amigas and later port to other OGLES2 devices would work by now already.

Besides that, the article is filled with small tiny inaccuracies which induce nice subtle assessments. Here's an example:
'He's willing to give it another go if Nova reaches a more mature state'
The if-part a) wasn't said in the interview and b) makes zero sense, because a more mature state is the prerequisite for additional work on OGLES2. But this if-sentence gives everything this tiny little additional taste... And there's more like that.
Well, and the article's ending, which for every normal person reads as if the project had been canceled, well. I can only speculate about his agenda.

If Gutjahr was really interested in the true objective status of Nova / OGLES2, here it is:
Nova still has severe issues, OpenGLES2 inherits those (and most likely has its own undiscovered bugs) of course, therefore it's all not as useful as Nova's public status 'pre-release' indicates. Nova is being improved, OpenGLES2 will automatically improve with it, with the exception of some things that will have to be implemented as soon as Nova supports those. Despite all the issues during development OpenGLES2 is at the best possible state right now which I'd probably mark as early beta if considering that only few people test it and also considering that there are some missing pieces.
The project was a success, not a failure. Nova itself is a success if you take it as what it is: somewhere between alpha and beta. IMHO it cannot be described as 'pre-release' though.

Yes, if he would have wanted to he could as well have formulated his article this way.

Update:
In the meantime at least the headlines have been changed.

--- End ---

Udostępnij dla FacebookUdostępnij dla Twitter
PostNapisane: niedziela, 10 lip 2016, 10:37 
Elitarny forumowicz
Elitarny forumowicz

Niestety, takie rzeczy to ogólna przypadłość mediów. Poszukiwanie sensacji, wyolbrzymianie i przeinaczanie faktów.
A w przypadku gdy "medialista" jest nieprzychylny jakiejś sprawie to jest ostra jazda po bandzie. To jest bardzo
niebezpieczne zjawisko, bo dajmy na to ktoś nie wczytuje się w oficjalne informacje i trafi na takie coś i wyrabia
sobie bardzo mylne zdanie na jakiś temat. Chora pogoń za sensacją a na dodatek złośliwość.

Zresztą gdzie tu daleko szukać, Radzik w swojej Amiwigili prowadzi podobną propagandę, nie tak ostrą i stanowczą
ale jednak czasami plecie trzy po trzy bez zastanowienia nad konsekwencjami. A konsekwencje mogą być takie
że potencjalny nowy użytkownik da sobie spokój słysząc jego słowa, ze starymi nie ma tego kłopotu, bo wiedzą
co w trawie piszczy.

PostNapisane: poniedziałek, 11 lip 2016, 09:36 
Administrator
Administrator

Co prawda od dwóch tygodni nie mam dostępu do Amigi lecz wcześniej miałem okazję testować tę bibliotekę, tak więc bez względu na różne plotki zapewniam że projekt nie został skasowany i jak najbardziej realnie jest i działa.

PostNapisane: poniedziałek, 11 lip 2016, 18:53 
Elitarny forumowicz
Elitarny forumowicz

Powiedz mi jak mam klepać coś konkretnego skoro nie ma informacji od firm odpowiedzialnych za sprzęt i system? Myślisz, że jest mało osób, którzy nie są poirytowani tą sytuacja?

PostNapisane: wtorek, 12 lip 2016, 09:54 
Administrator
Administrator

Wpadłem sobie na chwilę do mojego mieszkania, dzięki czemu mogłem odpalić Amigę, dzieki czemu mogłem odpalić Amiftp, na którym mam zapisane dane do różnych ciekawych serwerów ;) Najnowsza wersja biblioteki jest z 10 lipca, a więc już z czasu po całej aferze o rzekomym zaprzestaniu rozwoju, którą wywołano na Amiganews.de. To taki mały konkrecik, więcej niestety zdradzić nie mogę ale jest dobrze.

PostNapisane: piątek, 22 lip 2016, 21:48 
Generał
Generał

Kolejny raport autora z prac nad OpenGLES 2:

--- Copy & Paste ---

http://www.goldencode.de/amiga/

2016-07-21:

Off-topic: today a new Nova driver appeared, now containing all stencil functionality required for OpenGLES 2.
I just extended the wrapper accordingly. Which means:

The following functions are working now:
glStencilFunc
glStencilFuncSeparate
glStencilMask
glStencilMaskSeparate
glStencilOp
glStencilOpSeparate
glGet-support for the following queries has been added:
GL_STENCIL_TEST
GL_STENCIL_FUNC
GL_STENCIL_BACK_FUNC
GL_STENCIL_BACK_WRITEMASK
GL_STENCIL_WRITEMASK
GL_STENCIL_BACK_VALUE_MASK
GL_STENCIL_VALUE_MASK
GL_STENCIL_BACK_REF
GL_STENCIL_REF
GL_STENCIL_BACK_FAIL
GL_STENCIL_BACK_PASS_DEPTH_FAIL
GL_STENCIL_BACK_PASS_DEPTH_PASS
GL_STENCIL_FAIL
GL_STENCIL_PASS_DEPTH_FAIL
GL_STENCIL_PASS_DEPTH_PASS
All OGLES2 stencil default values are applied.
And also found and fixed a bug (glGet(GL_DEPTH_FUNC) returned wrong values).

--- End ---

PostNapisane: wtorek, 26 lip 2016, 05:03 
Administrator
Administrator

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSvJy5cokgI[/youtube]

Takie tam nowe demko. Oczywiście na X1000 licznik fps pokazuje większe wartości.

PostNapisane: środa, 27 lip 2016, 04:33 
Generał
Generał

Obrazek

--- Copy & Paste ---

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/v ... post102860

(...)
OpenGL ES 2.0 library has now been extended to include Stencil buffer support for use with the new Warp3D Nova v1.27. This will no doubt be welcomed by 3D games developers who want to port OpenGL ES 2.0 games across to AmigaOS.
(...)

--- End ---

PostNapisane: czwartek, 28 lip 2016, 03:46 
Generał
Generał

Trevor Dickinson potwierdził poniższe wersje:

Warp3D Nova v1.28
OpenGL ES 2.0 library v1.4

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=40982&forum=32&start=60&viewmode=flat&order=0#785432

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1